In todays lesson, Shirley gave us 8 task that each had to be completed in 10 minutes. There was various different task were you had to think laterally, convergently or divergently.
- The first task I did, I got given 3 different pieces of paper each with random lines and marks to be completed however you want.
- The Remote Associates Test is where you have 8 pieces of paper each with 3 words that have a fourth word to connect them all.
- We were given 2 images with objects and then 2 objects we could handle, and we had to think of what that object could be used for. The more unique the better.
- For the 4th & 5th task we had to download podcast and listen to Inside Creativity – The Alternative Uses Test
- Inside Creativity – The Remote Associates Test
- Was to riddles one I got which was ‘Reading between the line’ and the other I never. Also I had to make ‘Creativity’ using paper clips, I asked Shirley whether we had to think literally or laterally which she said that it was my choice! So I thought laterally and creatively made an image using the paper clips.
- Was to research Joy Paul Guilford who was the man who created the process of Convergent and Divergent Thinking.
- Lastly I got to create an image using a comb and black paint, which I decided to create a tree… yay